Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach
one of those meals that’s healthy, quick, inexpensive, and easy to tweak by adding a little more of this and a little less of that. This recipe for Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach claims to be ready in 20 minutes flat. Full of everyday ingredients, vegetarian and it’s got a combo I love – portobello mushroom and Parmesan.. perfect to whip up midweek!
6 ounces dried farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup sliced portobello or other fresh mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
1 tsp. snipped fresh thyme
1/8 tps. pepper
2 tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta as normal and drain.
2. Heat oil in a large.
3. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are nearly tender.
4. Stir in spinach, thyme, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted.
5. Stir in cooked pasta; toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with cheese.
Photo: Better Homes and Gardens
Posted in Food
Tagged better homes and gardens, dinner, easy recipe, farfalle, food, healthy, parmesan cheese, pasta, portobello mushrooms, spinach, vegetarian
Spinach Cannellini Pasta
the lunch options in the Garment District these days, so I’ve started bringing my lunch. They’ve been consisting of a grain, protein (in the form of a bean) and veggies. Interestingly enough, I’m not alone – Healthy. Happy. Life. recently posted a recipe using similar ingredients. I may swap the pasta out for brown rice or quinoa, either way, it looks pretty simple, delicious and I’m excited to try it!
Spinach/Cannellini Pasta Power Lunch
makes about 4-5 servings
12 oz. curly rainbow veggie pasta
3-4 cups frozen spinach, chopped
15 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained
3/4 cup pasta sauce or veggie puree
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
garnish: red pepper flakes
1. Boil salted water. Add pasta.
2. Two minutes before pasta is done, toss in the beans.
3. Drain water.
4. Fold in greens – toss well until heated/wilted.
5. Add in additional ingredients & garnish with red pepper flakes
Photo: Healthy. Happy. Life.