in the form of a chip. A few weeks ago it was kale, this time beets. I found this recipe on Martha Stewart – usually her recipes are bit too complicated for me or require at least one ingredient I’ve never heard of, but this one is totally doable!
2 medium beets
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds.
2. Peel beets and slice 1/16 inch thick.
3. In a large bowl, toss beets with extra-virgin olive oil
4. On two rimmed baking sheets (or use one sheet and bake in two batches), arrange beets in a single layer. Stack another rimmed baking sheet on top of each.
5. Bake about 20 minutes (until edges of beets begin to dry out).
6. Uncover and rotate sheets. Bake 10 to 20 minutes, removing chips as they become lightened in color.
7. Transfer to a wire rack; chips will crisp up as they cool.
Photo: Martha Stewart