White Bean and Chicken Chili
alternative to the traditional version. This recipe for White Bean and Chicken Chili has a ton of flavor and it’s full of good ingredients. This hearty meal requires less than 10 ingredients, is healthy and it’s been on my dinner recipe rotation ever since finding it last winter. Very easy to make your own by adding a little more of this, or a little less of that.
2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 whole bone-in chicken breasts (3 lb.)
Salt and pepper
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 (4 oz.) cans roasted green chilies, drained
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1. Boil chicken until cooked through, shred and set aside.
2. Warm oil over medium-high heat, add onions and garlic; cook until softened, 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add to onion mixture.
4. Mix in chilies and cumin.
5. Add broth and beans, bring to boil and cook on medium for 20-30 minutes.
Photo: My Recipes
Rice & Lentils
nutritious and ready in minutes. This 5-ingredienter is another great creation that can be found on Jules Clancy’s blog Stonesoup (which is totally worth bookmarking by the way). She’s got a ton of fast, healthy, easy recipes that are made with 5 fresh ingredients. I could spend hours browsing, but today will focus on her recipe for Rice & Lentils. It’s ready in 10 minutes, packed with protein, flavor, and just overall goodness. Perfect to whip up as a side or main course midweek.
1 onion, peeled & finely diced
large pinch dried chili flakes
2 cups cooked long grain rice
1 can (14oz ) lentils, drained
natural yogurt, to serve (optional)
1. Heat a few tablespoons olive oil in frying pan.
2. Add onion and chili and cook over a high heat stirring frequently until softened and starting to brown.
2. Add rice and lentils and stir fry for several minutes until both are heated through.
3. Season and serve with a dollup of yogurt.
Photo: Stone Soup
Posted in Food
Tagged chili flakes, dinner, jules clancy, lentils, long grain rice, lunch, natural yogurt, onion, rice & lentils, stonesoup, vegetarian