of my dream side right here. This Bobby Flay recipe for Grilled Sweet Potatoes is rated by Food Networkas “easy”; it’s made from less than 10 common ingredients and is quite healthy. Perfect with steak, chicken or pork meals; not to mention sweet potatoes are a great change from rice (which has been my appearing on the dinner menu way too frequently). These guys only take 20 minutes, so definitely one to try during the work week.
3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4 cup canola oil
Freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place potatoes in a pot of water and boil until tender.
2. Drain and let cool.
3. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths.
4. Heat a grill to medium (or place a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat).
5. Mix 1 tablespoon salt, the lime zest and cayenne in a small bowl.
6. Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Grill until golden brown on all sides cooked through.
8. Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
Photo: Food Network