Black Bean, Corn and Quinoa Salad
to get back in the habit of making something in large quantities that I can then pack up and bring to work for at least a few days of the week. The latest creation is Williams-Sonoma’s black bean, corn and quinoa salad. It makes a ton and I’m such a fan of the fresh ingredients – especially the cilantro! Easy, healthy and packed with protein. Certainly worth a try, so click here to get the recipe.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lime and Cilantro
of my dream side right here. This Bobby Flay recipe for Grilled Sweet Potatoes is rated by Food Networkas “easy”; it’s made from less than 10 common ingredients and is quite healthy. Perfect with steak, chicken or pork meals; not to mention sweet potatoes are a great change from rice (which has been my appearing on the dinner menu way too frequently). These guys only take 20 minutes, so definitely one to try during the work week.
3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4 cup canola oil
Freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place potatoes in a pot of water and boil until tender.
2. Drain and let cool.
3. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths.
4. Heat a grill to medium (or place a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat).
5. Mix 1 tablespoon salt, the lime zest and cayenne in a small bowl.
6. Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Grill until golden brown on all sides cooked through.
8. Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
Photo: Food Network
Posted in Food
Tagged bobby flay, cilantro, dinner, dinner side, food, food network, grilled sweet potatoes, healthy, lime, lunch, side dish, sweet potatoes, vegetarian