alternative to the traditional version. This recipe for White Bean and Chicken Chili has a ton of flavor and it’s full of good ingredients. This hearty meal requires less than 10 ingredients, is healthy and it’s been on my dinner recipe rotation ever since finding it last winter. Very easy to make your own by adding a little more of this, or a little less of that.
2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 whole bone-in chicken breasts (3 lb.)
Salt and pepper
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 (4 oz.) cans roasted green chilies, drained
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1. Boil chicken until cooked through, shred and set aside.
2. Warm oil over medium-high heat, add onions and garlic; cook until softened, 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add to onion mixture.
4. Mix in chilies and cumin.
5. Add broth and beans, bring to boil and cook on medium for 20-30 minutes.