you can make your own playdough? I certainly didn’t, but think the concept’s great and a fun little project. According to the site, Playdough Recipes, making Jello Playdough is not a craft for little ones to do unsupervised, but when done properly, the result is playdough with good shape and texture. Rumor has it the Jello adds not only color but scent. The site has a ton of other recipes, using everything from peanut butter to oatmeal. An edible activity.
1 cup white flour
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup warm water
1 3 oz pack Jello
1. Add all the ingredients together in a big mixing bowl
2. Mix all the ingredients together until consistent
3. Pour into a pan and stir continuously
4. Wait for it to thicken into a big ball and then place it on a piece of wax paper to cool
5. Kneed it for a few minutes once cooled with some flour
6. Add any food coloring or glitter to spice things up!
Photo: Playdough Recipes