the other night after seeing the recipe on a box of rice noodles and it will now be in my regular dinner rotation – it was that good. So fresh, healthy and easy. Stir fry that tastes like take-out, way cheaper and totally customizable – I skipped the garlic and added a ton of vegetables (celery, brocolli, carrots). So put the menu down and get going!
2 tbsp oil
1/2 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken breast, sliced
8-10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 package of Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Rice Noodles (cooked, drained and rinsed as directed)
1 cup bean sprouts
3 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp low sodium chicken stock
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce or oyster sauce
2 bunches chopped scallion
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
4 lime wedges
1. Heat oil in a wok or pan over medium high heat.
2. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook until golden.
3. Add chicken and stir fry until meat is cooked, then add mushrooms.
4. Reduce heat and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Combine all ingredients for sauce.
6. Add sauce, noodles, and bean sprouts to cooked chicken and mix well.
7. Garnish to taste.
Photo: Annie Chun